Evening All 🙂
It’s been sooo long since I blogged last. I’ve sewn quite a few garments since my last blog post, most of them have been successful, some not 😱.
So here’s the latest one. I managed to get a shot of it in the garden this afternoon, we had such lovely weather in London today 🙂
The material used is a wool type of fabric which I bought from my local market for my usual £2/metre 🙋🏻. It is quite a heavy fabric so not quite to suitable for the warmer weather but it hangs really well. The skirt is a full circle skirt made using the instructions from the By Hand London tool . The bodice was created from a home made pattern using a body block made through a crafty class “PATTERNMAKING BASICS: THE BODICE SLOPER“.
I decided to do something different with the the darts. Instead of having the usual waist dart (vertical) and bust dart (horizontal) I combined all darts to a diagonal bust dart. I think it works quite well and it’s nice to try something different with each garment you make, To test yourself a little further each time.
Since making the Betty dress from SewOverIt last year I must admit I still use the tecnique used to sew the facing onto the arm holes and neck line. It’s full proof every time. Cheers for that Lisa at SewOverIt 💃🏻
It skirt flows really well, I’m really happy with it 🙂