Last night I finally managed to get round to putting the finishing touches on my Tea Dress and now I can reveal my finished garment … YAY 🙂
My most challenging part was the fitting. I can sew/machine sew quite well but I always fall down during the fitting phase…but I persevered and with a little help from my Mum, Hubby and quite a few pins I managed to get the fitting right.
When originally cutting the pattern I realised that my shape was different from the top, waist then hips so I had to ‘wing’ it slightly. My bodice (mainly the front) had to be amended in a few areas which then meant that the skirt had to be amended so the seams joined at the waist. After getting this area right I then had to slightly amend the arms too to fit the amended bodice.
So here it is:
This was quite a challenge for me but I did it, yay!