There were a few moments where I thought I would not finish my dress in time. With the school year drawing to a close my calendar is full! I’ve had two sports days, the School fete, a music evening, dance competitions and to top it all off my four year old has chicken pox! But I managed it…phew!
The fabric I used for my ‘Betty’ was bought from the local market and was a super bargain at just £2/meter (150cm wide). I bought 3 meters and still had some left to spare (maybe I’ll make a matching hair bow or bag??)
When cutting the fabric I decided that I would not cut the full skirt length from the pattern. From experience I usually end up taking about 1.5/2 inches off the length. So me and my trusted measuring tape decided that this was a wise decision to shorten the length here too.
I really enjoyed this sew along, it taught me a few new ways of stitching the facing on to the bodice. I must say I like this technique where you do not sew the shoulder seam until nearing the end. It worked very well with my dress!! Click here to see how this technique is sewn.
So here are a few pictures of my ‘Betty’ with and without petticoat 🙂
To vote for your favourite dress click here
Oh, and if your interested in my shoes they are Jelly type shoes from Mel in Blue 🙂 you can buy them from Amazon here: MEL Womens Popstar Platform